Are you, or someone you know about to start a food business? Clare Local Enterprise Office has just the programme to put you on the right track and it’s heavily subsidised to ensure you won’t make a dent on your start-up fund!
The cost to participants is only €100, yet the tuition and mentoring is priceless.
The three-day Food Start-Up Programme runs on June 20th and 27th and July 11th, at Hotel Woodstock in Ennis, and is followed by six hours of one-to-one food mentoring. It is designed for anyone with a food business idea they wish to explore, anyone starting good production (early stage) or anyone with a small-scale food business.
Topics covered will include:
· What is required to start a food business
· How to avoid the pit-falls associated with this journey
· Developing a business plan
· Understanding Irish food sector and trends
· Food safety and labelling
· Financing your food business
· Starting from home and scaling up
· Costing and pricing
· Packaging and branding
Participants will be given the opportunity to meet a local retailer and guest speakers will also attend.
Places are limited.
To book www.localenterprise.ie/clare or call 065-6821616 for more details.