News

18th June 2021

Have your say – public consultation on O’Connell Street

Clare County Council (Ennis Municipal District) has commenced a  public consultation process around plans for public realm proposals for for the town centre, including O’Connell Street.

What is being sought is input from the public on the preliminary design for the project with a view to informing the detailed design process.

 

URDF Funding

Plans already in place for O’Connell Square, High Street, Bank Place,  Barrack Street,and Old Barrack Square,  plus proposed plans for O’Connell Street will cost of €5,390,391 to deliver with 75 per cent of the cost being grant funded under the URDF, and the remaining 25 per cent being financed by Clare County Council.

In addition to the Parnell Street laneways and bow-ways project this will have the shared purpose of regenerating the public realm and to enhance the town centre environment, making it a more accessible and attractive place to spend time.

In respect of the above project, Clare County Council have previously secured Part VIII planning permission for O’Connell Square, Bank Place, High Street, Old Barrack Street and Barrack Square (Planning ref. P20-8004).

The proposals being developed for the O’Connell Street element with modifications for part of Old Barrack Street  will be submitted for Part VIII planning approval in Q3 2021. It is anticipated that construction would commence on the entire project Q2/Q3 2022.

As Ennis Chamber  offices at 54 O’Connell Street are in the heart of the new planning proposal, we think it appropriate to display relevant maps and diagrams on our window, to allow people easy access to view future plans. The plans will be in situ for public viewing from June 23rd. 

For more information see: https://yoursay.clarecoco.ie/part8oconnellstreet

This website uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience. By using this site you agree to our Cookie Policy Ok

Scroll Up