Ennis Chamber in association with Clare Local Enterprise Office will welcome inspirational Clare-born, multi-award-winning businesswoman Breege O’Donoghue, as our very special guest at a luncheon to celebrate her career achievements, at the Old Ground Hotel, Ennis on Friday, September 7th.
Breege will share insights into her fascinating life from growing up on a farm in Boston, near Tubber to the boardrooms of Ireland, smashing the proverbial ‘Glass Ceiling’ along the way.
Until recently a Board Member & Group Director (Business Development & New Markets) at Primark and after 37 years now continues in an Ambassadorial role in Primark.
Breege is currently Chairman of The Design and Crafts Council of Ireland, Chairman of Real World Analytics, Non-Executive Director of Shaw & Sons Ltd, a Board member of the UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School, and a member of the Outside Appointments Board (Civil Service Code of Standards and Behaviour).
Breege O’Donoghue’s high achievements in business have won her many honours including:
UCD Business – Smurfit Patrons of Excellence
· Knight (Chevalier) of The Ordre National de la Legion d’Honneur by President François Hollande of France
· ‘Iconic Businesswomen of the Decade’ at the WOMEN ECONOMIC FORUM on, New Delhi, India
· Honorary Doctorate of Philosophy, honoris causa, from Dublin Institute of Technology
· Drapers Retail Personality of the Year (UK)
· Irish Tatler Hall of Fame Award
· UCD Quinn School ‘Alumnus of the Year’ Awards in both Dublin and New York
· The inaugural Lifetime Achievement Award at the IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year Awards
· Irish Tatler – Woman of the Year Business Award
7 Sep, 2018
Old Ground Hotel
O'Connell Street, Ennis, Co. Clare, Ireland