Ennis Chamber Community Employment Scheme
The Ennis Chamber Community Employment Scheme has been sponsoring community projects, by providing supported quality part-time staff across a wide range of specialities, to charitable organisations and Non-Profit Organisations, since 1996.
The Ennis Chamber CE Scheme aims to:
- Provide part-time staff members that are skilled and professional to help the community
- Plan and manage the placements, matching needs of community with participants skills or interests
- Give the employees access to high quality funded QQI registered courses in their chosen field
- Mentor and support to increase scheme participants progression into employment, self-employment or full-time education
- Demonstrate community based practices with integrity and inclusiveness
The Scheme currently supervises 35 positions across Clare in a variety areas of work from Administration Assistant to Hygienist, General Maintenance Operative, Outreach Worker to Payroll Assistant.
Under the guidance and support of Supervisor, Michael Guerin based in Ennis Chamber Office, these positions assist a range of Charites and Non-Profit Organisations in our community including:
- Family Carers Ireland , Ennis
- Clare Haven Refuge, Ennis
- Eire Og Gaa Club, Ennis
- Clare Crusaders Clinic, Barefield
- Cahercalla Community Hospital, Ennis
- Comhaltas, Ennis
- Ennis West/ Cloughleigh Area, Ennis
- CLDC, Ennis
- Elderly Outreach, Ennis (Cloughleigh Area)
- Ennis Community Bus, Ennis Area
- Glor, Ennis
- Ennis Chamber, Ennis
- Shannon Chamber, Shannon
Participants remain within the Ennis Chamber Community Employment Scheme for a period of time from one year to six years.
To find out more about the Ennis Chamber CE Scheme contact; Michael Guerin, Supervisor on 065 684 2988.
Ennis Chamber Community Employment Committee
- William Cahir, Chairperson
- Tony Barrett, Treasurer
- Margaret Neylon, Secretary
- Brian O’Neill, Member